SFI 20th Anniversary Special: $.89 PSAs! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Expert Reports

Posted 7 days ago More by Randy I.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/bAMxXs3.jpg[/img] Are you taking advantage of SFI's "Expert Reports"? Here is a sample from the section called "Start Up Tips": Laying the Foundation for Success My rich dad said, "Starting a business is like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. In midair the entrepreneur begins building a parachute and hopes it opens before hitting the ground." He also said, "If the entrepreneur hits the ground before building a parachute, it is very tough climbing back into the plane and trying again." For those of you familiar with the rich dad books, you know that I have jumped out of the plane many times and failed to build the parachute. The good news is that I hit the ground and bounced. This book will share with you some of my jumps, falls, and bounces. Many of my failures and successes were small ones, so the bounce was not that painful-that is, until I started my nylon and Velcro wallet business. I will go into further detail throughout the book because I made many mistakes, and learned from them along the way. The success of that business was sky high and so was the fall. It took me over a year to recover from that powerful bounce. The good news is that it was the best business experience of my life. I learned much about business and about myself through the process of rebuilding. [url=https://www.businessknowhow.com/startup/richdadquit1.htm]click here[/url] Don't dismiss these reports! [url=https://www.sfimg.com/Training/ExpertReports]https://www.sfimg.com/Training/ExpertReports[/url]

Are you taking advantage of SFI's "Expert Reports"? Here is a sample from the section called "Start Up Tips":

Laying the Foundation for Success

My rich dad said, "Starting a business is like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. In midair the entrepreneur begins building a parachute and hopes it opens before hitting the ground." He also said, "If the entrepreneur hits the ground before building a parachute, it is very tough climbing back into the plane and trying again."

For those of you familiar with the rich dad books, you know that I have jumped out of the plane many times and failed to build the parachute. The good news is that I hit the ground and bounced. This book will share with you some of my jumps, falls, and bounces. Many of my failures and successes were small ones, so the bounce was not that painful-that is, until I started my nylon and Velcro wallet business. I will go into further detail throughout the book because I made many mistakes, and learned from them along the way. The success of that business was sky high and so was the fall. It took me over a year to recover from that powerful bounce. The good news is that it was the best business experience of my life. I learned much about business and about myself through the process of rebuilding. click here

Don't dismiss these reports! https://www.sfimg.com/Training/ExpertReports
3x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Guru Rank: #2

Posted 7 days ago 1 Reply

Hi Randy ! Great thread as usual ... Thanks for sharing . As for myself, I have jumped so many times too, and hit the ground just to find out that dee plane flew away ... so I had to climb to some new planes in order to find the one that fly high enough to make my fall long enough to build that parachute (I am not so quick builder). And now, I guess I'm still falling . Best regards my friend !
Hi Randy !

Great thread as usual ... Thanks for sharing .

As for myself, I have jumped so many times too, and hit the ground just to find out that dee plane flew away ... so I had to climb to some new planes in order to find the one that fly high enough to make my fall long enough to build that parachute (I am not so quick builder). And now, I guess I'm still falling .

Best regards my friend !
312x SUPPORT
Sead Š.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #11

Posted 7 days ago More by Randy I. 2 Replies

[quote=1568972]Hi Randy ! Great thread as usual ... Thanks for sharing . As for myself, I have jumped so many times too, and hit the ground just to find out that dee plane flew away ... so I had to climb to some new planes in order to find the one that fly high enough to make my fall long enough to build that parachute (I am not so quick builder). And now, I guess I'm still falling . Best regards my friend ![/quote] There is a powerful lesson, especially for new people, Sead. FAILURE is NORMAL for almost everyone! I think we do a disservice if we tell people that they won't fail. The better lesson, and truth, is that we WILL fail, but that is not the end. We can "bounce back" and work on what went wrong! If a person didn't attain the goals last month, they can try again this month using lessons learned. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ― Winston S. Churchill “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” ― Winston S. Churchill
Sead Š. posted:
Hi Randy !

As for myself, I have jumped so many times too, and hit the ground just to find out that dee plane flew away ... so I had to climb to some new planes in order to find the one that fly high enough to make my fall long enough to build that parachute (I am not so quick builder). And now, I guess I'm still falling .

Best regards my friend !

There is a powerful lesson, especially for new people, Sead. FAILURE is NORMAL for almost everyone! I think we do a disservice if we tell people that they won't fail. The better lesson, and truth, is that we WILL fail, but that is not the end. We can "bounce back" and work on what went wrong!

If a person didn't attain the goals last month, they can try again this month using lessons learned.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston S. Churchill

“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
― Winston S. Churchill
3x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Posted 7 days ago More by Ray G. 2 Replies

Great as always Randy. Congratulations btw on become number 4. At the rate you are going you should be number 1 guru by the weekend lol that is fantastic you deserve it as your posts are always informative. By the way I miss your personal forum. Question are we allow to put external links now? Wish you much success. Keep up the great job. Ray
Great as always Randy. Congratulations btw on become number 4. At the rate you are going you should be number 1 guru by the weekend lol that is fantastic you deserve it as your posts are always informative. By the way I miss your personal forum.

Question are we allow to put external links now?

Wish you much success. Keep up the great job.

Ray
10x SUPPORT
Ray G.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 7 days ago More by Randy I. 1 Reply

[quote=1568978]Great as always Randy. Congratulations btw on become number 4. At the rate you are going you should be number 1 guru by the weekend lol that is fantastic you deserve it as your posts are always informative. By the way I miss your personal forum. Question are we allow to put external links now? Wish you much success. Keep up the great job. Ray[/quote] The link I gave is from SFI's own Training Dept. If that is not allowed I apologize.
Ray G. posted:
Great as always Randy. Congratulations btw on become number 4. At the rate you are going you should be number 1 guru by the weekend lol that is fantastic you deserve it as your posts are always informative. By the way I miss your personal forum.

Question are we allow to put external links now?

Wish you much success. Keep up the great job.

Ray

The link I gave is from SFI's own Training Dept. If that is not allowed I apologize.
3x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Posted 7 days ago More by Ray G. 2 Replies

[quote=1568979] The link I gave is from SFI's own Training Dept. If that is not allowed I apologize.[/quote] Sorry, just trying to understand how SFI works. It is a bit confusing at times with so many things. Lesson learned don’t ask questions. Welcome to the club. Have an awesome day. Ray
Randy I. posted:

The link I gave is from SFI's own Training Dept. If that is not allowed I apologize.

Sorry, just trying to understand how SFI works. It is a bit confusing at times with so many things. Lesson learned don’t ask questions.

Welcome to the club.

Have an awesome day.

Ray
10x SUPPORT
Ray G.

United States

E365 Champion

[quote=1568983][quote=1568979] The link I gave is from SFI's own Training Dept. If that is not allowed I apologize.[/quote] Sorry, just trying to understand how SFI works. It is a bit confusing at times with so many things. Lesson learned don’t ask questions. Welcome to the club. Have an awesome day. Ray[/quote] On the contrary, questions are how we learn. We do need to be careful about external links.
Ray G. posted:
Randy I. posted:

Sorry, just trying to understand how SFI works. It is a bit confusing at times with so many things. Lesson learned don’t ask questions.

Welcome to the club.

Have an awesome day.

Ray

On the contrary, questions are how we learn. We do need to be careful about external links.
3x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Posted 7 days ago 1 Reply

Randy, I may be wrong. But my question is: how is it possible to jump from an airplane without a parachute? How is it possible to build/make a parachute in midair? Few people will want to jump even with a parachute. And if you jump from an airplane without a parachute, you will not bounce. There is zero possibility of bouncing. What will actually happen you know well. To start a business relevent experience is prerequisite, NOT money. Here is the formula of a business: Business = Relevant Experience + Money. This is the basic formula. Experience is like a parachute. If you have a parachute while jumping from an airplane, you have less risk. Less risk of dying. Similarly, if you invest in any business without relevant experience/knowledge, there is high possibility of losing all money. Bijan Kanti Pandit P.S. : I'm not a man of commerce.
Randy, I may be wrong. But my question is: how is it possible to jump from an airplane without a parachute? How is it possible to build/make a parachute in midair? Few people will want to jump even with a parachute. And if you jump from an airplane without a parachute, you will not bounce. There is zero possibility of bouncing. What will actually happen you know well.
To start a business relevent experience is prerequisite, NOT money. Here is the formula of a business:
Business = Relevant Experience + Money. This is the basic formula. Experience is like a parachute. If you have a parachute while jumping from an airplane, you have less risk. Less risk of dying. Similarly, if you invest in any business without relevant experience/knowledge, there is high possibility of losing all money.
Bijan Kanti Pandit
P.S. : I'm not a man of commerce.
Bijan Kanti P.

Bangladesh

Posted 7 days ago

[quote=1568976][quote=1568972]Hi Randy ! Great thread as usual ... Thanks for sharing . As for myself, I have jumped so many times too, and hit the ground just to find out that dee plane flew away ... so I had to climb to some new planes in order to find the one that fly high enough to make my fall long enough to build that parachute (I am not so quick builder). And now, I guess I'm still falling . Best regards my friend ![/quote] There is a powerful lesson, especially for new people, Sead. FAILURE is NORMAL for almost everyone! I think we do a disservice if we tell people that they won't fail. The better lesson, and truth, is that we WILL fail, but that is not the end. We can "bounce back" and work on what went wrong! If a person didn't attain the goals last month, they can try again this month using lessons learned. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ― Winston S. Churchill “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” ― Winston S. Churchill[/quote] A quote I like which sums up how I usually deal with failure and I don't even know who said it is "Everything will be alright in the end and if its not alright then its not the end"
Randy I. posted:
Sead Š. posted:
Hi Randy !

Best regards my friend !

There is a powerful lesson, especially for new people, Sead. FAILURE is NORMAL for almost everyone! I think we do a disservice if we tell people that they won't fail. The better lesson, and truth, is that we WILL fail, but that is not the end. We can "bounce back" and work on what went wrong!

If a person didn't attain the goals last month, they can try again this month using lessons learned.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston S. Churchill

“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
― Winston S. Churchill

A quote I like which sums up how I usually deal with failure and I don't even know who said it is
"Everything will be alright in the end and if its not alright then its not the end"
5x SUPPORT
Phill R.

United Kingdom

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #19

Posted 7 days ago

[quote=1568983][quote=1568979] The link I gave is from SFI's own Training Dept. If that is not allowed I apologize.[/quote] Sorry, just trying to understand how SFI works. It is a bit confusing at times with so many things. Lesson learned don’t ask questions. Welcome to the club. Have an awesome day. Ray[/quote] Respectfully, Guru Ray; You indicate you have [u]WRONGLY[/u] "learned don`t ask questions". :astonished: I hope that was NOT what you learned! SFI is "confusing at times" and it does PAY to "ask questions". :moneybag: https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1468111#post-1468111 At the very least, your fellow Forum Readers will [u]learn[/u] something from either the Replies or the LACK of them, sometimes based solely on 'timing'. Best Wishes, :smiling_imp:
Ray G. posted:
Randy I. posted:

Welcome to the club.

Have an awesome day.

Ray

Respectfully, Guru Ray;

You indicate you have WRONGLY "learned don`t ask questions".

I hope that was NOT what you learned!

SFI is "confusing at times" and it does PAY to "ask questions".

www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1468111#post-1468111

At the very least, your fellow Forum Readers will learn something from either the Replies or the LACK of them, sometimes based solely on 'timing'.

Best Wishes,

17x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #10

[quote=1568997]Randy, I may be wrong. But my question is: how is it possible to jump from an airplane without a parachute? How is it possible to build/make a parachute in midair? Few people will want to jump even with a parachute. And if you jump from an airplane without a parachute, you will not bounce. There is zero possibility of bouncing. What will actually happen you know well. To start a business relevent experience is prerequisite, NOT money. Here is the formula of a business: Business = Relevant Experience + Money. This is the basic formula. Experience is like a parachute. If you have a parachute while jumping from an airplane, you have less risk. Less risk of dying. Similarly, if you invest in any business without relevant experience/knowledge, there is high possibility of losing all money. Bijan Kanti Pandit P.S. : I'm not a man of commerce. [/quote] Jumping out of a plane without a parachute and building a parachute before you hit is a Metaphor (a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.) The idea suggests the difficulty of building a business, but not the impossibility. I see people here all the time that are distraught because they have not yet found success. They need to understand that they are NORMAL. They also need to know there is no shame in failure. Even more importantly, they need to know that "bouncing back" can lead to success!
Bijan Kanti P. posted:
Randy, I may be wrong. But my question is: how is it possible to jump from an airplane without a parachute? How is it possible to build/make a parachute in midair? Few people will want to jump even with a parachute. And if you jump from an airplane without a parachute, you will not bounce. There is zero possibility of bouncing. What will actually happen you know well.
To start a business relevent experience is prerequisite, NOT money. Here is the formula of a business:
Business = Relevant Experience + Money. This is the basic formula. Experience is like a parachute. If you have a parachute while jumping from an airplane, you have less risk. Less risk of dying. Similarly, if you invest in any business without relevant experience/knowledge, there is high possibility of losing all money.
Bijan Kanti Pandit
P.S. : I'm not a man of commerce.

Jumping out of a plane without a parachute and building a parachute before you hit is a Metaphor (a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.)

The idea suggests the difficulty of building a business, but not the impossibility. I see people here all the time that are distraught because they have not yet found success. They need to understand that they are NORMAL. They also need to know there is no shame in failure. Even more importantly, they need to know that "bouncing back" can lead to success!
3x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Posted 7 days ago More by Delmage T. 1 Reply

Note to EVERYONE: Failure is an option. I have exercised it many times during my lifetime. I have had many successes at failure; matter of fact, most of my successes are failures. I'm very successful at failing. And I have a college-level education, thanks to failures. But one day, I will build that parachute before I hit the ground, then my greatest success will be that I have finally broken the lifetime chain of failures at which I have succeeded so spectacularly. Additional note to EVERYONE: That parachute will be my success with SFI.
Note to EVERYONE: Failure is an option. I have exercised it many times during my lifetime.

I have had many successes at failure; matter of fact, most of my successes are failures. I'm very successful at failing. And I have a college-level education, thanks to failures.

But one day, I will build that parachute before I hit the ground, then my greatest success will be that I have finally broken the lifetime chain of failures at which I have succeeded so spectacularly.

Additional note to EVERYONE: That parachute will be my success with SFI.
11x SUPPORT
Delmage T.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings