SFI 20th Anniversary Special: $.89 PSAs! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Astro Auction Strategy

Posted 5 months ago

Looking at the Astro Auction Flight Log, I'm a bit confused about something and I'm hoping someone can clue me in here. Why would you bid MORE TCredits than the auction's TCredit package is worth? For example the winning bid on flight # 258 was 461 TCredits. The auction? A 400 pack of TCredits. So, effectively, the winner bid 61 credits MORE than the package they won was worth. Why? Someone help me out here.
Looking at the Astro Auction Flight Log, I'm a bit confused about something and I'm hoping someone can clue me in here.

Why would you bid MORE TCredits than the auction's TCredit package is worth? For example the winning bid on flight # 258 was 461 TCredits. The auction? A 400 pack of TCredits. So, effectively, the winner bid 61 credits MORE than the package they won was worth.

Why? Someone help me out here.

Posted 5 months ago

Hi Michael ! It's a gambling spirit ... Someone wants to win no matter it costs... someone doesn't care. However, it were not all placed bids from that particular player, but from all that took part in the auction... He might have wone with significantly lesser amount. and finally; he got n times 10 Rewardical for each placed bid (TCredit), and many other prizes from Astro magician.. Hope this helps ! Best regards !
Hi Michael !

It's a gambling spirit ... Someone wants to win no matter it costs... someone doesn't care. However, it were not all placed bids from that particular player, but from all that took part in the auction... He might have wone with significantly lesser amount. and finally; he got n times 10 Rewardical for each placed bid (TCredit), and many other prizes from Astro magician..

Hope this helps !

Best regards !
312x SUPPORT
Sead Š.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #11

Posted 5 months ago 3 Replies

Hello Michael, well yes they may have bid more than the package but the Astro auction has the option of getting your Tcredits returned to you so all in all depending on what they wanted returned to them, they probably came out ahead. You can read more on it here: https://news.sfimg.com/2018/07/10/introducing-astro-auctions/ Sure hope this helps
Hello Michael,
well yes they may have bid more than the package but the Astro auction has the option of getting your Tcredits returned to you so all in all depending on what they wanted returned to them, they probably came out ahead.
You can read more on it here:
news.sfimg.com/2018/07/10/introducing-astro-auctions/
Sure hope this helps
18x SUPPORT
Sheila J.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 5 months ago More by Marilyn C.

[quote=1463870]Looking at the Astro Auction Flight Log, I'm a bit confused about something and I'm hoping someone can clue me in here. Why would you bid MORE TCredits than the auction's TCredit package is worth? For example the winning bid on flight # 258 was 461 TCredits. The auction? A 400 pack of TCredits. So, effectively, the winner bid 61 credits MORE than the package they won was worth. Why? Someone help me out here.[/quote] You just have to compete being the highest bidder Mr. Michael. (It's up to you, if you badly want to get the items.) [b]Q[/b]: If I placed a bid of 100, and the person with the second highest bid was for 50, did I just spend 100 TCredits to win the auction? No. Since the second highest bid was 50, you’d be named the winner for a bid of 51…and 48 TCredits would automatically be returned to your account (1 TCredit goes towards the auction processing fee). Note that if you chose to earmark more of your TCredits for Constellation Prizes, you’d receive less than 48 TCredits back. Hope this helps! Best regards! [b]Ria[/b]
Michael A. posted:
Looking at the Astro Auction Flight Log, I'm a bit confused about something and I'm hoping someone can clue me in here.

Why would you bid MORE TCredits than the auction's TCredit package is worth? For example the winning bid on flight # 258 was 461 TCredits. The auction? A 400 pack of TCredits. So, effectively, the winner bid 61 credits MORE than the package they won was worth.

You just have to compete being the highest bidder Mr. Michael. (It's up to you, if you badly want to get the items.)

Q: If I placed a bid of 100, and the person with the second highest bid was for 50, did I just spend 100 TCredits to win the auction?
No. Since the second highest bid was 50, you’d be named the winner for a bid of 51…and 48 TCredits would automatically be returned to your account (1 TCredit goes towards the auction processing fee). Note that if you chose to earmark more of your TCredits for Constellation Prizes, you’d receive less than 48 TCredits back.

Hope this helps!
Best regards!

Ria
25x SUPPORT
Marilyn C.

Philippines

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #3

Posted 5 months ago More by Scott L.

[quote=1463870]Looking at the Astro Auction Flight Log, I'm a bit confused about something and I'm hoping someone can clue me in here. Why would you bid MORE TCredits than the auction's TCredit package is worth? For example the winning bid on flight # 258 was 461 TCredits. The auction? A 400 pack of TCredits. So, effectively, the winner bid 61 credits MORE than the package they won was worth. Why? Someone help me out here.[/quote] Because I got 4613 RT for spending 61 TCredits. Previously, if I spent 61 TCredits, I got 610RT. It all depends how you want to spend your TCredits!
Michael A. posted:

Because I got 4613 RT for spending 61 TCredits. Previously, if I spent 61 TCredits, I got 610RT. It all depends how you want to spend your TCredits!
34x SUPPORT
Scott L.

Canada

Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #7

Posted 5 months ago

[quote=1463878]Hello Michael, well yes they may have bid more than the package but the Astro auction has the option of getting your Tcredits returned to you so all in all depending on what they wanted returned to them, they probably came out ahead. You can read more on it here: https://news.sfimg.com/2018/07/10/introducing-astro-auctions/ Sure hope this helps[/quote] I'm pretty sure you only get your TCredits returned if you don't win.
Sheila J. posted:
Hello Michael,
well yes they may have bid more than the package but the Astro auction has the option of getting your Tcredits returned to you so all in all depending on what they wanted returned to them, they probably came out ahead.
Sure hope this helps

I'm pretty sure you only get your TCredits returned if you don't win.

Posted 5 months ago More by Marilyn C.

[quote=1463939][quote=1463878]Hello Michael, well yes they may have bid more than the package but the Astro auction has the option of getting your Tcredits returned to you so all in all depending on what they wanted returned to them, they probably came out ahead. You can read more on it here: https://news.sfimg.com/2018/07/10/introducing-astro-auctions/ Sure hope this helps[/quote] I'm pretty sure you only get your TCredits returned if you don't win. [/quote] That's right Mr. Michael. Unless you've earmarked them for Constellation Prizes.
Michael A. posted:
Sheila J. posted:
Hello Michael,
Sure hope this helps

I'm pretty sure you only get your TCredits returned if you don't win.

That's right Mr. Michael. Unless you've earmarked them for Constellation Prizes.
25x SUPPORT
Marilyn C.

Philippines

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #3

Posted 5 months ago

[quote=1463878]Hello Michael, well yes they may have bid more than the package but the Astro auction has the option of getting your Tcredits returned to you so all in all depending on what they wanted returned to them, they probably came out ahead. You can read more on it here: https://news.sfimg.com/2018/07/10/introducing-astro-auctions/ Sure hope this helps[/quote] You will only get back your T credits if you did not earmark all of them for consolation prizes, and you lose the auction.
Sheila J. posted:
Hello Michael,
Sure hope this helps

You will only get back your T credits if you did not earmark all of them for consolation prizes, and you lose the auction.

Posted 5 months ago More by Helen E. 2 Replies

Is it possible to have more information on the completed auctions - in the flight logs? All we see is how many TCredits were bid. Does this not equate to a dollar value? Also why are there so few "Supernova" prizes - they are being rolled over! What does this mean? It seems like people are placing huge amounts/bids of TCredits to win less. It's not making sense at the moment - will keep watching and playing to get used to it. I was hoping that those of us with less TCredits would have more opportunities but it seems the bidders with vast amounts of TCredits are still the winners. I must say I love it that you don't have to sit for hours watching an auction and wasting time! It's a fantastic way of participating without the endless hours of time wasting. Thanks for the new auctions, I'm sure we will have a lot of fun and rewards from them.
Is it possible to have more information on the completed auctions - in the flight logs?
All we see is how many TCredits were bid. Does this not equate to a dollar value?

Also why are there so few "Supernova" prizes - they are being rolled over! What does this mean?

It seems like people are placing huge amounts/bids of TCredits to win less. It's not making sense at the moment - will keep watching and playing to get used to it. I was hoping that those of us with less TCredits would have more opportunities but it seems the bidders with vast amounts of TCredits are still the winners.

I must say I love it that you don't have to sit for hours watching an auction and wasting time! It's a fantastic way of participating without the endless hours of time wasting. Thanks for the new auctions, I'm sure we will have a lot of fun and rewards from them.

11x SUPPORT
Helen E.

South Africa

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 months ago

[quote=1463997]Is it possible to have more information on the completed auctions - in the flight logs? All we see is how many TCredits were bid. Does this not equate to a dollar value? Also why are there so few "Supernova" prizes - they are being rolled over! What does this mean? It seems like people are placing huge amounts/bids of TCredits to win less. It's not making sense at the moment - will keep watching and playing to get used to it. I was hoping that those of us with less TCredits would have more opportunities but it seems the bidders with vast amounts of TCredits are still the winners. I must say I love it that you don't have to sit for hours watching an auction and wasting time! It's a fantastic way of participating without the endless hours of time wasting. Thanks for the new auctions, I'm sure we will have a lot of fun and rewards from them. [/quote] Thank you! At least I'm not alone in my quandry. I get that they can win prizes and such and the Rewardicals are there, but is that really worth the exchange? Perhaps it is. I'll have to do some number crunching to figure it out. In the meantime, keep in mind you can bid as little as 1 TCredit and still get prizes and an entry in pick the price entry too. So, those of us without deep pockets might still be able to gain something from these Astro Auctions! :)
Helen E. posted:
Is it possible to have more information on the completed auctions - in the flight logs?
All we see is how many TCredits were bid. Does this not equate to a dollar value?

Also why are there so few "Supernova" prizes - they are being rolled over! What does this mean?

It seems like people are placing huge amounts/bids of TCredits to win less. It's not making sense at the moment - will keep watching and playing to get used to it. I was hoping that those of us with less TCredits would have more opportunities but it seems the bidders with vast amounts of TCredits are still the winners.

I must say I love it that you don't have to sit for hours watching an auction and wasting time! It's a fantastic way of participating without the endless hours of time wasting. Thanks for the new auctions, I'm sure we will have a lot of fun and rewards from them.

Thank you! At least I'm not alone in my quandry. I get that they can win prizes and such and the Rewardicals are there, but is that really worth the exchange? Perhaps it is. I'll have to do some number crunching to figure it out.

In the meantime, keep in mind you can bid as little as 1 TCredit and still get prizes and an entry in pick the price entry too. So, those of us without deep pockets might still be able to gain something from these Astro Auctions! :)

Posted 5 months ago More by Gery

[quote=1463997]Is it possible to have more information on the completed auctions - in the flight logs? All we see is how many TCredits were bid. Does this not equate to a dollar value? Also why are there so few "Supernova" prizes - they are being rolled over! What does this mean? It seems like people are placing huge amounts/bids of TCredits to win less. It's not making sense at the moment - will keep watching and playing to get used to it. I was hoping that those of us with less TCredits would have more opportunities but it seems the bidders with vast amounts of TCredits are still the winners. I must say I love it that you don't have to sit for hours watching an auction and wasting time! It's a fantastic way of participating without the endless hours of time wasting. Thanks for the new auctions, I'm sure we will have a lot of fun and rewards from them. [/quote] Hi Helen, You need to review the announcement again and/or read the RULES on the Astro Auction homepage. What it means to rollover the Supernova jackpot is covered there, for example. 1. We're not going to incur the massive system overhead to figure out what each person paid for every TCredit they use in their bids. Any TCredit used could cost anywhere from free to $1.99 apiece, depending on how they acquired it. 2. Some people are spending "huge" amounts to win likely because it's a great way to convert their TCredits into Rewardicals and other valuable items of course. 3. As was covered in the announcement, we are working on Junior auctions. There are many, many features to come, but a little patience needs to be exercised.
Helen E. posted:

Hi Helen,

You need to review the announcement again and/or read the RULES on the Astro Auction homepage. What it means to rollover the Supernova jackpot is covered there, for example.

1. We're not going to incur the massive system overhead to figure out what each person paid for every TCredit they use in their bids. Any TCredit used could cost anywhere from free to $1.99 apiece, depending on how they acquired it.

2. Some people are spending "huge" amounts to win likely because it's a great way to convert their TCredits into Rewardicals and other valuable items of course.

3. As was covered in the announcement, we are working on Junior auctions. There are many, many features to come, but a little patience needs to be exercised.
Gery

United States

Posted 5 months ago 1 Reply

The more you look, the less you see. This time, let the winning be in dollar. Because you use dollars to purchase the TCredits. Please is there any reason the winning prizes cannot be in dollars? Explain
The more you look, the less you see. This time, let the winning be in dollar. Because you use dollars to purchase the TCredits. Please is there any reason the winning prizes cannot be in dollars? Explain
Joy E.

Nigeria

E365 Champion

Liked by Bruce H. James K.

| Edit settings