Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Goldstreak Exasperation

Posted 4 months ago More by MARTIN M.

In as much as I understand that the game is neither about factual or non-factual parameters, why don't the creators be a bit dynamic and a bit practical towards the prevailing or current scenarios in premising? My case in point is drawn to days question... "Choose the most popular answer...Which Country has the best soccer team"? The options were Belgium and England. Most soccer fanatics( I coincidentally happen to be one), will bluntly tell you Belgium has a plethora of riches in terms of world-class players, squad depth and quality( despite not having won a world cup in their history) The FIFA ranking doesn't lie either, strategically placing Belgium 3rd and England a distant 12! My adherent soccer fans, do you feel a bit slighted too? Hehe...
In as much as I understand that the game is neither about factual or non-factual parameters, why don't the creators be a bit dynamic and a bit practical towards the prevailing or current scenarios in premising?
My case in point is drawn to days question...
"Choose the most popular answer...Which Country has the best soccer team"? The options were Belgium and England.
Most soccer fanatics( I coincidentally happen to be one), will bluntly tell you Belgium has a plethora of riches in terms of world-class players, squad depth and quality( despite not having won a world cup in their history)
The FIFA ranking doesn't lie either, strategically placing Belgium 3rd and England a distant 12!
My adherent soccer fans, do you feel a bit slighted too? Hehe...
4x SUPPORT
MARTIN M.

Kenya

E365 Country Champion

Posted 4 months ago

Hi Martin! The description and the rules of the Game are so clear! Read your task again: "Choose the most popular answer" , meaning the answer which is most popular amongst all questioned people so far. It ain't necessarily mean the most correct answer , just the most popular. And, that's the beauty of this Game as well.... try to guess what most people mean, not what Wikipedia mean... So, keep on playing, winning and enjoying the Game ! Good Luck ! [img]https://i.imgur.com/f5cxjk1.jpg[/img]
Hi Martin!

The description and the rules of the Game are so clear!

Read your task again: "Choose the most popular answer" , meaning the answer which is most popular amongst all questioned people so far. It ain't necessarily mean the most correct answer , just the most popular.

And, that's the beauty of this Game as well.... try to guess what most people mean, not what Wikipedia mean...

So, keep on playing, winning and enjoying the Game !

Good Luck !

296x SUPPORT
Sead Š.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Champion

Regards Sead, with all due respect I think your 'Wikipedia' phrase is a bit exaggerated and far-fetched. All in all, point noted.
Regards Sead, with all due respect I think your 'Wikipedia' phrase is a bit exaggerated and far-fetched.
All in all, point noted.
4x SUPPORT
MARTIN M.

Kenya

E365 Country Champion

Posted 4 months ago More by Dušica J. 1 Reply

Randomly chosen people give answers. It doesn't mean that they are experts and give officially correct answers. We, the payers of GoldStreak, can only try to find out what was the answer most participants gave.
Randomly chosen people give answers. It doesn't mean that they are experts and give officially correct answers.
We, the payers of GoldStreak, can only try to find out what was the answer most participants gave.
Dušica J.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion

Posted 4 months ago

Hello Martin, The Gold Streak Game is a game based ONLY on other people's OPINIONS. The Gold Streak game is not a game of FACTS, it is only other people's Opinions, so there are NO right or wrong answers. The questions and answers were produced by surveys and answered only by other people's Opinions. (Which I think that the survey's that were conducted, were done by the SFI Community several years ago, before the game came Live.). If you want to play a game that is based on only FACTS, than the Knockout Trivia game is the game to play. Hope this helps. :yum: Have a Nice Day! :yum: Jacqueline :cherry_blossom: "Together We Grow"! [b][i]"Build Something Great"![/i][/b]
Hello Martin,

The Gold Streak Game is a game based ONLY on other people's OPINIONS.

The Gold Streak game is not a game of FACTS, it is only other people's Opinions, so there are NO right or wrong answers.

The questions and answers were produced by surveys and answered only by other people's Opinions. (Which I think that the survey's that were conducted, were done by the SFI Community several years ago, before the game came Live.).

If you want to play a game that is based on only FACTS, than the Knockout Trivia game is the game to play.

Hope this helps.

Have a Nice Day!

Jacqueline

"Together We Grow"!
"Build Something Great"!
21x SUPPORT
Jacqueline G.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 4 months ago

While you answer other time the answer may be Belgium. While you see the question is being asked you will also see a message in top that : "We asked XX people..." This also alters the answer.
While you answer other time the answer may be Belgium.
While you see the question is being asked you will also see a message in top that : "We asked XX people..."
This also alters the answer.
39x SUPPORT
Ahmed Musthafa R.

India

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 4 months ago

[quote=1442157]In as much as I understand that the game is neither about factual or non-factual parameters, why don't the creators be a bit dynamic and a bit practical towards the prevailing or current scenarios in premising? My case in point is drawn to days question... "Choose the most popular answer...Which Country has the best soccer team"? The options were Belgium and England. Most soccer fanatics( I coincidentally happen to be one), will bluntly tell you Belgium has a plethora of riches in terms of world-class players, squad depth and quality( despite not having won a world cup in their history) The FIFA ranking doesn't lie either, strategically placing Belgium 3rd and England a distant 12! My adherent soccer fans, do you feel a bit slighted too? Hehe...[/quote] Martin M; "I feel you", as we say it in Nigeria. [i]A bit of broken English please, Nigerian style(I hope FORUM MOD won't mind?[/i]): [b]the thing tire me![/b] But like Sead said, and the game rules states, we just have to live with it. I've been amazed on occasions when the popular answer to some Goldstreak questions are quite revealing of the nature of our views and a pointer to who we probably are. I refrain from giving any examples here. Your example is just about sports. The more worrisome to me are some questions which are about moral biases that the "most popular" answers certainly raises concern. [b][i]My opinion here![/i][/b] [b]NO OFFENCE MEANT. [/b]
MARTIN M. posted:
In as much as I understand that the game is neither about factual or non-factual parameters, why don't the creators be a bit dynamic and a bit practical towards the prevailing or current scenarios in premising?
My case in point is drawn to days question...
"Choose the most popular answer...Which Country has the best soccer team"? The options were Belgium and England.
Most soccer fanatics( I coincidentally happen to be one), will bluntly tell you Belgium has a plethora of riches in terms of world-class players, squad depth and quality( despite not having won a world cup in their history)
The FIFA ranking doesn't lie either, strategically placing Belgium 3rd and England a distant 12!
My adherent soccer fans, do you feel a bit slighted too? Hehe...

Martin M;
"I feel you", as we say it in Nigeria.
A bit of broken English please, Nigerian style(I hope FORUM MOD won't mind?): the thing tire me!

But like Sead said, and the game rules states, we just have to live with it.
I've been amazed on occasions when the popular answer to some Goldstreak questions are quite revealing of the nature of our views and a pointer to who we probably are. I refrain from giving any examples here. Your example is just about sports. The more worrisome to me are some questions which are about moral biases that the "most popular" answers certainly raises concern.

My opinion here! NO OFFENCE MEANT.
5x SUPPORT
Gabriel E.

Nigeria

[quote=1442173]Randomly chosen people give answers. It doesn't mean that they are experts and give officially correct answers. We, the payers of GoldStreak, can only try to find out what was the answer most participants gave. [/quote] Congratulations on your 3rd anniversary at SFI Dusica J...
Dušica J. posted:
Randomly chosen people give answers. It doesn't mean that they are experts and give officially correct answers.
We, the payers of GoldStreak, can only try to find out what was the answer most participants gave.

Congratulations on your 3rd anniversary at SFI Dusica J...
4x SUPPORT
MARTIN M.

Kenya

E365 Country Champion

Posted 4 months ago More by Dušica J.

Thank you, Martin, for my3rd anniversary congratulations!
Thank you, Martin, for my3rd anniversary congratulations!
Dušica J.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion

Posted 4 months ago

the key to finding more correct answers is: it does not ask what is your personal opinion , they ask , what do you think, all respondents answered. Now you have to think about this: what could answered the others ones.
the key to finding more correct answers is: it does not ask what is your personal opinion , they ask , what do you think, all respondents answered.
Now you have to think about this: what could answered the others ones.

SUPPORT
Esther L.

Germany

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 4 months ago

It's a game. It's a lot of fun. Don't play when you're tired. It's our chance to put ourselves in the other guy's shoes. "Now, what would so and so say."
It's a game. It's a lot of fun. Don't play when you're tired.

It's our chance to put ourselves in the other guy's shoes. "Now, what would so and so say."
116x SUPPORT
Jessie M.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 4 months ago

Respect, Martin, for you and your work! Certainly, as the colleagues have already said and written, the Gold Streak is a game where the answer is based, in the opinion of a certain number of people! but no matter ...I would always choose England, because I think football is more popular in England ... more luck, the second time! Greetings from Serbia..Dušica[img]https://i.imgur.com/jsC4A7Y.png[/img]
Respect, Martin, for you and your work! Certainly, as the colleagues have already said and written, the Gold Streak is a game where the answer is based, in the opinion of a certain number of people! but no matter ...I would always choose England, because I think football is more popular in England ... more luck, the second time! Greetings from Serbia..Dušica
17x SUPPORT
Dušica M.

Serbia

E365 Champion

| Edit settings