Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

16x SUPPORT
Tim B.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

15 posts

Don't Understand Program as Opt-Outs Reason in Miscellaneous

20 hours ago

I think a lot of people pick this reason simply because it's the first choice on the list. But it may be the correct choice anyhow.... If they aren't willing to take a couple of minutes to understand the program, they probably won't take the time to read through all of the choices on the list either.

4 posts

Time Machine in Suggestion Box #Eager Zebra

4 days ago

(Thread was removed due to forum protocol violations, toxicity, or obsolescence)

4 posts

Time Machine in Suggestion Box #Eager Zebra

4 days ago

(Thread was removed due to forum protocol violations, toxicity, or obsolescence)

52 posts

The February commissions in Compensation #Compensation

3 months ago

Come on Randy, I said VP had no monetary value... as for YOUR value to the forum your record speaks for itself:
Forum Guru, 2,408 followers(of which I'm one), 14,710 posts, 144,844 Likes, 238 Support Stars

And I type so slow, I wouldn't have wasted this much time on this If I didn't value you.

52 posts

3 months ago

Randy, i think that the value on our commission reports is THE value That value counts, and that value is UP. This month. Let's see what'll be in the next one.

P.S. My guess is more growth- we are just getting started

All the best!
Alex

Of course the value we get paid on is the one that counts, that is common sense! However, we can still see how the movement looks throughout the month to give us an idea of trend, right? So, to say it's THE value is not correct. To say it is the value that matters is correct.
The value of a share of the Executive Pool is determined once a month when commissions are run. That is the only time any meaningful value can be calculated... once ALL the numbers are in. Once that final calculation is made, it IS the value.

That doesn't mean that you can't see where it's at during the month.

So, what is the value for March right now?

VP value (as mentioned earlier) is at .0003599
compare that with Feb-18 = 0.000359595 Rounded to where I took it would be .0003599 that Svend Erik shared.

Pretty dang close!

Ok - it was mentioned, but how was it calculated? Is that for right now?

At the Scoreboard you divide earnings by VP

OK, I understand now what you are saying... but the number you are using is based the EP share value from the previous month. It shouldn't vary much throughout the month.

52 posts

3 months ago

I realize the two terms are used interchangeably a lot and I don't want to split hairs, but I think the distinction between the two is very important.

One of the primary incentives to become an EA is to share in the Executive Pool, if we mislead new affiliates to believe ALL VP has value... we remove a major incentive.

52 posts

3 months ago

Randy, i think that the value on our commission reports is THE value That value counts, and that value is UP. This month. Let's see what'll be in the next one.

All the best!
Alex

Of course the value we get paid on is the one that counts, that is common sense! However, we can still see how the movement looks throughout the month to give us an idea of trend, right? So, to say it's THE value is not correct. To say it is the value that matters is correct.
The value of a share of the Executive Pool is determined once a month when commissions are run. That is the only time any meaningful value can be calculated... once ALL the numbers are in. Once that final calculation is made, it IS the value.

OK, but how? Unless you are privy to numbers that I'm not or numbers that I'm unaware of... how do you calculate EP share value inter-month?

Not EP share, but VP value. Using that number will give you a very good ballpark idea of commissions.
I'm lost now Randy. VP has no monetary value until or unless it is converted to shares of the Executive Pool. What are you tying the value to if not the EP share?

52 posts

3 months ago

All the best!
Alex

OK, but how? Unless you are privy to numbers that I'm not or numbers that I'm unaware of... how do you calculate EP share value inter-month?

19 posts

New Tab Suggestion in Suggestion Box #Compensation #Sales #VersaPoints

3 months ago

I think it would be counter productive to do this, because the only true value of the EP share can be determined at the end of the month. If you were to do this throughout the month, in all likelihood the value would continue to fall as the month goes on. As matching vp would likely increase greatly as the month goes on... this will have the greatest impact on the final value (the only one that counts).

52 posts

3 months ago

All the best!
Alex

14 posts

TCredit Connoisseur badge in Miscellaneous #Rewardical #TCredits

3 months ago

I think there may be a glitch, I have the badge but I haven't purchased any TCredits since it was introduced. I won some and received the bonus TCredits for rank and it looks like they are being counted.

24 posts

KOT = Trivia = Minutiae? in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra

3 months ago

Happy Anniversary Franklin!

I think you are mixing Knock Out Trivia with Gold Streak.

Gold streak wasn't designed to be an intelligence test, it's suppose to bring out some silly responses. If you can't laugh at it, it's probably not the game for you.
But yes, my hair is gone because of all the people who would rather be struck by lightening than an idea. Or think spring fever is a legitimate excuse to miss work.

But I still keep going back, just for the fun of it. I wouldn't remove it.

7 posts

Is it possible to exclude a select PSA from Opti-Build? in Team Building #PSA #Team Building

3 months ago

Sounds like his sister is already his PSA. I think if she is one of his 5 DD's she is safe. Isn't that correct?

All PSAs would be safe (no need to be DD) from reassignment through Opti-Build. It's only new sign-ups that would go through Opti-Build.

7 posts

Is it possible to exclude a select PSA from Opti-Build? in Team Building #PSA #Team Building

3 months ago

You will never lose your current PSAs through Opti_Build. Opti-Build only reassigns NEW sign-ups.
If your sister is currently your PSA, Opti-Build won't reassign her.
If she's not yet signed up, use the 9999 keycode to bypass Opti-Build as Marija has explained.

21 posts

Pay Attention in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra

3 months ago

There is a warning of the cost on the entry button before we play each game. But, you're right that while playing... we may enter without paying that much attention.

Several of the games have graduated entry costs. Card KIng, Gold Streak and KOT I know do. Zack Jack and Grandmaster Poker are always free entry.

133 posts

MRP Redemption Specials & New Badge in SFI News #CSA #TCredits

3 months ago

Since these badges are only available until Sept 1st, it would of course be unfair to assign them Badge Quest points, because no one after Sept 1st would be able to get this badge.

Just a quick thought, so I may have overlooked something...
Couldn't points be attached to the badge until Sept 1st and then have the points expire? I think we could sell a whole lot more TCredits during this window of opportunity by doing so.

13 posts

Rewardicals Exchange Value in Getting Started #PSA #Rewardical

3 months ago

It's probably simply because it costs more to acquire a PRM vs. a PSA. With the new changes this may change in the future though.

14 posts

Understanding PTP ! in Pricebenders #Eager Zebra #Pricebenders #TripleClicks

3 months ago

There is no set cut off point, it's the top 200 scores for the week period. It changes weekly.

I haven't been playing much, but my past experience has been anything under 300 is borderline... Sometimes you will win with a score in the upper 200s, but there is no guarantee.

4 posts

Telling the Truth in Getting Started

3 months ago

20 posts

Hey! Is It Just Me in WAVE3 #Sales #TripleClicks

3 months ago

See this announcement... It's DE FACTO section:
https://news.sfimg.com/2018/02/15/auto-build-something-great/
See how many spins you have and make your spins here:
Prize Wheel

72 posts

The Noun Sponsor creates the problem... in Suggestion Box #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

3 months ago

I would still classify this as majoring in minors. I'm not opposed to changing the term "sponsor", I just don't think it will make a bit of difference.

When someone asks their sponsor for a gift, do you really think they wouldn't ask if they were called a mentor, coach, advisor, supervisor, manager, referrer, pal, buddy, chum? Or do you think the sponsor feels obligated to give the gift because they are called sponsors? I think those that feel obligated to give would feel that way as well... regardless of what they are called.

People are asking for free stuff almost every day here on the forum without any mention of the term "sponsor". This comes from across many cultures, ranks and time with SFI.

If I were to choose though I would pick referrer, simply because it infers the least obligation.

72 posts

The Noun Sponsor creates the problem... in Suggestion Box #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

3 months ago

It seems like it would be a HUGE undertaking to remove every reference to the word sponsor. I personally don't think it's that big of an issue that it would be worth it.

Besides, I'll gladly pay all of my affiliates sponsorship fees... it's FREE after all.

20 posts

Will be 2X Auctions ??? in Pricebenders #Rewardical

3 months ago

My answer would be NO. 2X auctions were double MRP auctions... with the phase out of MRP it wouldn't make any sense to continue having double MRP auctions.

They may introduce something new to replace the 2X auctions, but double MRP auctions are gone.

73 posts

MRP Exchange for Rewardicals in Ask Gery #Rewardical #TripleClicks #VersaPoints

3 months ago

A way forward? ABSOLUTELY! YES! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Please, folks, you've got to get away from this "MRP=TCredit=102 VP=EA , done!" thinking. It was never designed for that purpose and, worse, it keeps you restrained to the small picture instead of the big picture (where all the money and financial freedom is)!

Let's look at just SOME of the powerful benefits we've just put in place for you:

Previous limit on earning VersaPoints bidding at Pricebenders: 1000
Now: NO LIMIT

Previous limit on earning VersaPoints playing Eager Zebra games: 500
Now: NO LIMIT

Max VP you could directly earn per standard Pricebenders bid before: 1
Max VP you can now directly earn per standard Pricebenders bid: 3.3

Max VP you could directly earn per standard play at Eager Zebra before: 1
Max VP you can now directly earn per standard play at Eager Zebra: 3.3

You earned MRP when your PRMs and PSAs earned MRP: No
You earn Rewardicals whenever your PRMs and PSAs earn Rewardicals: YES (you earn 1 for every 10 they earn).

Number of stores you could earn MPR at: 1
Number of stores you can earn Rewardicals at now: Nearly 200 (THOUSANDS soon)

Number of products you could earn MPR on: ~1000
Number of products you can earn Rewardicals on now: ~200,000 (MILLIONS soon)

Number of stores you could redeem MPR at: 1
Number of stores you can redeem Rewardicals at: 1 (but hundreds or more on the way)

Could earn MRP buying locally (groceries, fuel, dining out, etc.): No
Can earn Rewardical buying locally (groceries, fuel, dining out, etc.): YES

MRP expires after one year: YES
Rewardicals expiration: NONE. No expiration currently

And maybe the biggest one of all...

Every Rewardical dished out by Rewardical ECAs and Localvantia merchants puts money into the Executive Pool, even when no VP is taken out, which will grow share values and can increase commissions for every affiliate! All we have to do is work together to attract and build a great network of sellers in our powerful win/win network represented in the Rewardical.com and Localvantia.com search engines.
Regardless, what Adamus said is true. " ADAMU S. posted:
Is this really a way forward for affiliates? Based on my little analysis of MRP and RT, one can purchase 1 Tcredit with 150 MRP that comes with 102 VP and 10RT. Now with 300 RT you can not buy 100 VP. " It took 15 TCredit bids to get
the 150 MRP which you used to be able to exchange for 102 VP.
I am not sure you have done the math involved with receiving MRP for bidding
with TCredits as compared to receiving VersaPoints in exchange for Rewardicals.
Here is the math. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would bid on 2X Auctions
and receive 10 MRP per click so I would have to click 15 times to receive 150 MRP
with which I would buy 1 TCredit that would give me 102 VersaPoints.
So that is 15 TCredit bids for 102 VersaPoints.
Now "You have 314 Rewardicals ( from using 31 TCredits )
How many tokens do you want to redeem? 104 VersaPoints . "
Compare that to the former way where with 15 TCredits you would receive
102 VersaPoints.
You have just DOUBLED the amount of money we will have spend to
become ANY rank, except if we buy the 125 TCredit Affiliate Pack and
get instant EA. This is going to be a severe hardship on me and I may not
be able to continue being a Bronze Team Leader. You can fool some of
the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.
I see all the benefits you listed and that is fantastic, However, myself
and many other people CANNOT AFFORD ALL of those benefits
and we have to reach what rank we have the least expensive way possible.
Sadly, no one is proving me wrong on these calculations so my worst
fears are confirmed. Finally, today after I pointed out there was NO
written statement saying how many VP you would receive on buying
a specific pack of TCredits, the programmers must have changed it so
it now says "purchase earns xxxx VP". Before all the page had was
how many Rewardicals you would earn leaving people to think
they would not earn any VP with a TCredit purchase, just Rewardicals.
I wasn't mistaken last night. I was just very observant.

9 years with SFI... Do you really think the programers are sneaking around changing things?
What likely happened is you were not logged in to TripleClicks. VP doesn't show for non-affiliates.

61 posts

$9.99 TCredits SUPER Sale! in SFI News #TCredits

3 months ago

Nothing is being hidden, it's just that the parasital approach that many were using isn't sustainable. A parasite and its host can live in harmony for a long time... until the number of parasites becomes too large or begin to over-indulge and the host dies.

That's what was happening here. SALES are the life blood of any business including SFI and MRP sales are non-commissionable sales, so they are not adding to the blood stream... but they are sucking blood out through the VP.

Would people love MRP so much if it had no VP attached or the cost of a TCredit was 900MRP rather than 126 or 150?
Reality is, changes such as these would have needed to be made to prevent us from killing our host.

Think about it this way... Does it make any sense to duplicate a strategy based on non-commissionable sales? Work harder and harder for diminishing returns?

A simple strategy shift will make us all much more money...

Old way: Freebies and bonuses first and fill in any short-fall with sales
New way: Sales first and THEN fill in the short falls with freebies and bonuses