SFI 20th Anniversary Special: $.89 PSAs! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

4x SUPPORT
Al M.

United States

E365 Champion

5 posts

Sharing A Few Questions For New SFI Members in Getting Started #Getting Started #Leadership #Team Building

20 hours ago

Hi Wayne:

I like your questions and Links. Do you mind if others use them?

Al Martens

21 posts

Monthly Champion in Suggestion Box #Contests #Eager Zebra

6 days ago

Hi Randy:

I hope admin will seriously consider your suggestion. I have been here for 15 months and I see no reason to waste time, effort, and money on something that is so far out of reach. If there was a monthly badge, I would relish the chance to compete in it.
Dog gone, you still have some good ideas left in you.

Al Martens

5 posts

Stay the Cause with zero performing members in Team Building #Team Building

7 days ago

Thank you Nimo:

I like many others started to feel like I was failing and was wondering if I really was helping my down line affiliates. I do send out a weekly news letter, but it was really just a generalization. Your post made me realize I have to be more direct and concentrate more on my Movers, and not on the tire kickers.
Thanks for a good wakeup.

Al Martens

21 posts

PRM Access in Getting Started #Team Building

15 days ago

Hi Marita:

I agree with you. I have over 100 PRM's and not a one has ever purchased anything. Why can't we at least introduce ourselves to them? I do not agree with the statement about "someone you know, etc." because I do not know even one of my PRM's, so if I received an email to that effect, I wouldn't bother with it because I would think it is one of the "typical" emails from a marketer that is not the truth. If I saw a name of someone I never heard of, I would put it in the trash and in the back of my mind, remember to put up a "Red Flag" for any information from that person or that company.

Personally I think that statement does us more bad press than any good that could come of it.

Al Martens

56 posts

He's BACK! in Miscellaneous #Compensation

27 days ago

Welcome back Old Guy from Arkansas from an older guy from Wisconsin. I am glad to see you back here. Many of us missed your wisdom and common sense. Well, maybe not many of us. But some of us did. Well, maybe 1 or 2 did. Good luck and hope to see some Forum comments.

Al Martens

11 posts

Not easy to start a new thread! in Suggestion Box #Getting Started

about 1 month ago

I agree with Damian. I have had new affiliates ask me how to post and I explain it to them. It is confusing to many affiliates.
I think there is always a place for improvement. I do not believe that, "It has worked like this forever, so why change it", philosophy is good for any company. Too many times I have heard, "If you stand still, you are going backword," If there was a "start a new thread" button it would be much easier for new affiliates(and us more experienced) to post. There can still be the categories, like Michael said, but I think making it easier to post would help some new affiliates get involved on the Forum.

Al Martens

31 posts

No Pricebenders anymore? in Pricebenders #Pricebenders

about 1 month ago

Hi everyone:

I just bid on a pricebender auction less than 1 minute before I wrote this and I did not have a problem. I think it may have just been a temporary glitch. I hope so anyway, because I am still the high bidder.

Al Martens

26 posts

Who is actually an Awesome Sponsor? in Team Building #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

2 months ago

Hi Morgan:

I wish you were one of my PSA's. I send out weekly messages and also send reminders too my team and most of the time I never hear from them. We all have good and not so good(bad) PSA's and CSA's. I have a very good sponsor and a great co-sponsor who I consider a friend, so I am quite lucky that way.
Good luck and just keep plugging away, but be a great sponsor to your team.

Al Martens

76 posts

New Astro Auction High Bid feature in SFI News #Astro Auctions

2 months ago

I am disappointed. Doesn't this make AA just the same as Pricebender auctions. The heavy hitters will be able to continually outbid everyone else. I think this is a great benefit to them because they can bid a lower amount and just watch their competitors. They can then rebid a higher amount again. I thought one of the reasons that AA were developed was to make it easier for us to watch and bid on auctions without having to sit and watch and rebid. Now people will have to babysit any auction they are on. I think this will extend the time that auctions run. I have seen many posts where people are complaining that they bid on an auction and it has not run yet. I am waiting on one from 09-26. To me this is a step backwards for the AA's. I hope Gery and Admin will reconsider this move for the benefit of ALL of us. I think if you look at how many people love playing them now, there is not a real need to change to this format.
I hate to say this, but is this just a means of catering to the heavy hitters at the expense of those of us who are trying to work our way up. I am sure by changing to this new format, this is a benefit financially for SFI.
Will there be procedures to keep people from winning the larger items over and over? I think if someone wins, then they should be blocked from winning again for 45 days, just like Pricebenders did with certain big items. If they have won an item that will be blocked, and they have bid on the same item, then tech can just eliminate that bid and return their Tcredits.

I hope this is looked at and returned to the way AA has been. Sure there are bugs, but any new system will have them. AA's have been changed already from the initial way they were set up and these have been good changes. I do not see this as a good change.

Al Martens

37 posts

Suggestion regarding E365 Champion contest in Ask Gery #E365

2 months ago

I did win the E365 Championship and also many monthly championships. I did want to win and stayed up many last nights of the month to watch my competitors. Being very competitive, I was ready to raise my total if I needed it. So. in my case I am very glad that the totals were shared. I saved a lot of VP's because I didn't have to spend them as the month ended.
And as has been stated, you can watch how your competitors are from both standpoints.

Al Martens

8 posts

Is it possible to put a timer on the Hidden Game? in Eager Zebra

2 months ago

Is it possible to put a timer on the Hidden Game so we know where we are at as far as getting the Fox Speed Badge. I thought I was close using my timer, but must have been just a hair over. If there was a timer you could see where you are and know whether you had a chance for it or not.

Al Martens

7 posts

How do you transfer Matches to Moves for Zackjack in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra

2 months ago

Hello everyone:

I like playing Poker and Zackjack. My problem is that I have many Matches but few Moves. When you win in the AA, you can win Moves for Poker, but if you win Matches, it says Matches for Zackjack and Poker. These Matches are put on your total for Poker only. So, how can you use them for Zackjack? I have looked at the rules and suggestions, but I have found no answer. I may have missed it, but I did go thru it twice.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Al Martens

66 posts

New Strategy for PB & AA Auctions – Suggestion in Suggestion Box #Astro Auctions #Pricebenders

2 months ago

Hi Helen and everyone else who feels cheated and does not bid at AA and PB:
I like the suggestion of limiting the winners on the Tcredits, but I think SFI and Gery can go a little farther. SFI has the capability to set the limits and can also set it up so that if anyone has won an auction that has these limits that if they have bid on an auction that they have won with these limits on, that they can not win it again for the set time. I have written, as many have, about these greedy people winning all the time also. I won on PB an auction that had a 45 day limit on it and any time I tried to bid there was a message in red that told me I could not bid. If it can be put in the PB auctions it certainly can be put in the AA auctions.
I am sure I will be reprimanded for this, but it makes you wonder why these certain people can continually get away with abusing the system. I like the AA auctions, but I only bid one tcredit because it is a waste of time to try to outbid the greedy heavy hitters. I also don't bother with the PB auctions for the same reason.
I hope admin and Gery will reconsider and will make it fair for all participants. It would be a lot more fun to see other names win the "Big" auctions.
This is an example of what I suggest. Set the limits Helen suggested, but also if X has won an auction today and has bid on the same auction within the allotted time that their bid is just blocked from competing. This can be done after they have bid on that particular auction. Gery has answered in previous Forum's that they can not block someone who has already bid. I think they can just set it up that "You have won this auction within the allotted time and your bid will be deleted from this auction"
I really hope there is something done to make the auctions fairer to everyone.

Very good post Helen. Also, many good responses.

Al Martens

10 posts

Telegram group in Getting Started #Getting Started #Team Building

2 months ago

Hi Nkechi:

I am not sure I understand your request. You are saying that you created this super telegram group for prospects and new members. In that way the world will know about SFI. Then you say it will enable us to avoid irrelevant forum posts.
Without having the information you want admin to consider, it is hard to make any type of decision pro or con. How is this Super telegram group any different than what SFI does with advertising? And, how does this guarantee the new members activity? They are still going to ask questions and many will just be looking for the easy way out without putting the effort in to succeed. I just do not see, with the limited information you gave us, how this is going to improve the success rate.
I do commend you for "thinking out of the box". Maybe somebody in Forum Land, once we have the info, can see how this will be beneficial. I do believe that when an idea is presented and others look at it, it can be altered and become a viable, workable solution.
The other question, again, without the info available to us, is it something SFI will allow.
You also refer to irrelevant forum posts. Personally, I find very few of them to be irrelevant. I think any one who has a question, whether many of us have seen it many times, is concerned and wants to be successful here, just like all of us. I have learned from many of the posts. Some of them were posted many times before I joined SFI, but I only saw them the time when someone new asked a question.

Al Martens

4 posts

Streaks That Expire in Eager Zebra #Contests #Eager Zebra

3 months ago

Hi Ron:

Thank you for this information. I have had a couple affiliates ask me after they had lost one or two and I told them the ones that they lost were streak badges. I never thought to give them all of the badges they could lose. This will be handy.

In Wisconsin we call those months the brr months.

Al Martens

12 posts

moves to go in Suggestion Box #Contests #TripleClicks

3 months ago

Hi Mary:

I agree, I think we should be able to interchange them. If we need matches and we have plenty of moves, then make an exchange and vice versa, if we need moves and have plenty of matches, then let us exchange.
Better yet, when they are awarded in an auction, just make them available to both games, or let us decide where we want them to go.

Al Martens

6 posts

How to use Mastercards in Pakistan in Team Building #TCredits

3 months ago

I have a PSA from Pakistan and he also has a PSA from Pakistan. They both have Mastercards but are unable to purchase Tcredits and other items from Tripleclicks with them. Does anyone know what they can do to be able to purchase?
Thanks for any help you can give them.

Al Martens

4 posts

Marketing To Women-Show Politeness And Respect!!! in Marketing #Marketing

3 months ago

So are you saying that you should not be respectful and polite to men. I had my own business for over 45 years and if anyone, male or female was rude, impolite, or disrespectful they were shown the door quickly. It did not matter to me whether they were a supplier or customer. I think everyone should be treated honorably.

Al Martens

57 posts

Biz Quiz yesterday in Miscellaneous

3 months ago

I also entered 100 and it was wrong, but in the Smart Start rules it tells us that they can earn 100 CSA's. I have a ticket to admin to see what can be done.

Al Martens

11 posts

Launching in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions

3 months ago

Hi Toyin:

I have had some ready for launch in a couple hours and I have one right now that I am still waiting on. It still is not ready to launch and it is from Aug. 22nd. So it totally depends on when enough people bid on it to make it worthwhile for SFI to launch it.

Al Martens

32 posts

Thank You everyone in Recognition #E365

3 months ago

Hi everyone:

I just want to thank everyone for the congratulations for winning the E365 Contest. I really appreciate your acknowledgement of it. I am very thankful for my sponsor, my co-sponsor and all of you who add your posts and suggestions to the Forum. At times when I was wondering if I had done the right thing by joining SFI, many of your posts and my emails back and forth with my sponsor and especially my co-sponsor kept me going. I am really impressed by the knowledge that everyone here on the Forum is willing to give to our new affiliates. It is all of you/us who unselfishly help others so they can also succeed.
Again thank you for your support.

Al Martens

12 posts

Quick question in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions #Rewardical #TCredits

3 months ago

Hi Anastasia:

After the flight there will be a box that says "Claim Rewards" Click on that and you will receive all of the items you won on that auction.

Good luck

Al Martens

48 posts

Waste of Time in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions

4 months ago

Thank you again to all the replies. I found out that I was logged in to 2 of my Gmail accounts and for some reason my computer decided that I had become a robot. I appreciate all of your help

Al

48 posts

Waste of Time in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions

4 months ago

Thanks everyone. I never thought I was a robot. Does anyone have an idea how I go about getting this deleted. I really like the AA's, but this is a real pain.

Thanks again

Al